Show your support for the Friends of Stonehurst on Giving Tuesday, a global day of giving.
Stonehurst is an iconic national symbol that reminds us of the ideals, values and struggles that unify us as Americans. Better yet, its 138 acres are right here in your own back yard for you, your neighbors, and visitors from near and far to enjoy every day.
Here is what we have accomplished with your help this past year. In partnership with other community groups, we have
- opened a branch of the Waltham Public Library and reading room at Stonehurst,
- offered a greater number and variety of programs and performances,
- advocated to preserve 25.5 acres of pristine woodlands that are being considered for development,
- supported free field trips for hundreds of Waltham children for 16 years running,
- tackled new challenges on the grounds and former gardens created by drought, invasives and climate change, and
- developed new museum rooms and programming to give a more complete account of the workers in the house, on the land and in the broader context of the Gilded Age...with more to come next year!
Please donate to the Friends of Stonehurst, a small community organization where every dollar makes a big difference.